14 March 2007

10 sleeps to go to Newcastle election

There's only 10 sleeps and 7 public forums to go...

Tonight, I attended a public forum organised by the Hunter Business Chamber and urged the Chamber to get behind calls for real action on climate change. The forum was attended by about 30 people.

On Monday night, I attended an environmental forum organised by Climate Action Newcastle and the Hunter Community Environment Centre, with support from Save Our Rail, Rising Tide Newcastle and EcoNetwork Port Stephens. That forum was attended by about 130 people.

A sign of the times?

I'll be speaking at the following events in the lead up to the March 24 election...

On Thursday 15 March 2007, I'll be opening the Green Corridor Art Exhibition at Watt Space Gallery from 7.30pm.

On Saturday 17 March 2007, I'll be speaking at the No War/Defend Civil Liberties rally at the Clocktower in Beaumont St, Hamilton from 11am.

On Saturday 17 March 2007, I'll be speaking at the "Rally for local Newcastle & Hunter residents to reclaim Planning Powers from Sydney" organised by the Newcastle Community Planning Coalition at 1pm outside Michael Costa's office at Honeysuckle (alongside the Sparke Helmore building).

On Monday 19 March 2007, I'll be speaking at a ‘Meet the Candidates’ forum on the subject of ‘law and justice’ organised by the Newcastle Law Society, in conjunction with the Newcastle Bar Association, at Club Panthers Newcastle, from 6pm.

On Tuesday 20 March 2007, I'll be speaking at Politics in the Pub about Water at the Hamilton Station Hotel from 6.30pm.

On Wednesday 21 March 2007, I'll be chairing a public forum on voluntary euthanasia to be held at the Resistance Centre, 472 Hunter St Newcastle from 7pm.

On Friday 23 March 2007, I'll be attending a vigil at the Clocktower in Beaumont St, Hamilton from 6pm.

Other forums I've spoken at since my preselection by local Greens members I listed in an earlier post.