11 March 2007

13 sleeps to go to Newcastle election

There's only 13 sleeps and 9 public forums to go...

So come along if you can...

UPCOMING FORUMS FOR THE SEAT OF NEWCASTLE...
On Monday 12 March 2007, I'll be speaking at an environmental forum organised by Climate Action Newcastle and the Hunter Community Environment Centre, with support from Save Our Rail, Rising Tide Newcastle and EcoNetwork Port Stephens to be held at Newcastle City Hall from 6pm.

On Wednesday 14 March 2007, I'll be speaking at an education forum organised by the Teachers Federation from 5pm at Newcastle Trades Hall, Devonshire House.

On Wednesday 14 March 2007, I'll be speaking at a candidates forum organised by the Hunter Business Chamber to be held at Newcastle Panthers, Friendship Room from 6pm.

On Thursday 15 March 2007, I'll be opening the Green Corridor Art Exhibition at Watt Space Gallery from 7.30pm.

On Saturday 17 March 2007, I'll be speaking at the No War/Defend Civil Liberties rally at the Clocktower in Beaumont St, Hamilton from 11am.

On Monday 19 March 2007, I'll be speaking at a ‘Meet the Candidates’ forum on the subject of ‘law and justice’ organised by the Newcastle Law Society, in conjunction with the Newcastle Bar Association, at Club Panthers Newcastle, from 6pm.

On Tuesday 20 March 2007, I'll be speaking at Politics in the Pub about Water at the Hamilton Station Hotel from 6.30pm.

On Wednesday 21 March 2007, I'll be chairing a public forum on voluntary euthanasia to be held at the Resistance Centre, 472 Hunter St Newcastle from 7pm.

On Friday 23 March 2007, I'll be attending a vigil at the Clocktower in Beaumont St, Hamilton from 6pm.

FORUMS HELD SO FAR...
On Friday 9 March 2007, I spoke at the candidates forum held at Newcastle City Hall and organised by The Property Council.

On Wednesday 7 March 2007, I spoke at Newcastle University for Political Awareness Week organised by the student's association.

On Monday 5 March 2007, I spoke at the Throsby Community Forum held at St Marks Anglican Church Hall in Islington.

On Monday 5 March 2007, I participated in the NBN "hot seat" debate (pre-recorded between 10am and 12pm), screened that night.

On Sunday 4 March 2007, I spoke at the Greens campaign launch held at the Yoga Hall in Hamilton.

On Friday 2 March 2007, I spoke at a candidates forum held at the Alice Ferguson Centre in Merewether organised by the Independent Retirees Association.

On Monday 26 February 2007, I spoke at the Water Forum held at Newcastle City Hall which called for sustainable water management in the Hunter and Central Coast.

On Thursday 22 February 2007, I spoke at the candidates forum at Newcastle City Hall organised by the New Institute.

On Wednesday 21 February 2007, I spoke at the Stockton Community Forum at the Stockton Senior Citizens Centre.

On Wednesday 21 February 2007, I attended the launch of the workers compensation "fair go" campaign organised by the Trades Hall and the Law Society.

On Tuesday 20 February 2007, I spoke at the Business breakfast organised by the Newcastle Alliance and the City East and City West precinct committees.

On Saturday 10 February 2007, I was in the water for the People's Occupation of the world's biggest coal port!

On Thursday 8 February 2007, I went on on a tour of local youth services organised by the Regional Youth Development Officers Network which included stops at local youth accommodation, support, crisis, health and employment services as well as a visit to the Callaghan College Jesmond Campus.

On 18 January 2007, I spoke at a Youth Interagency Political forum at The Ark in Wickham organised by Regional Youth Development Officers Network.

On Monday 11 December 2006, I attended the presentation by Emeritus Professor Ian Lowe "Energy for a Sustainable Future" at the Newcastle Conservatorium.

On Thursday 7 December 2006, I attended the Environment and Community Coalition of Hunter Organisations meeting to discuss the Lower Hunter Regional Strategy.

On Wednesday 6 December 2006, I attended the United Nations forum on human rights awareness forum held in City Hall.

On Monday 4 December 2006, I spoke at a social services forum organised by the Hunter Council of Social Services.

On Saturday 2 December 2006, I spoke at the "Reclaim our town" rally in Newcastle City Hall organised by the Save Our Rail group.

On Friday 8 November 2006, I spoke at the United Nations Youth Association (UNYA) Newcastle forum held at the Loft focussed on “Detained Without Charge: Guantanamo Bay”.